I am Elaine Vitikainen. I am an Organisational Development consultant and Visual facilitator based in Helsinki, Finland. I have over 15 years experience in organisational development and leadership based in Cambodia and Laos; and has provided consultancy support in strengthening local organisations across Asia which includes countries such as Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Nepal, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India.
I have a Masters degree in Communication for Development from Malmö University, Sweden and a certificate in Applied Linguistics specialised in Multi-lingual Education from Dallas International University, USA. I have taken multiple courses in organisational analysis and development; human resource management; strategic planning and decision making; advisory skills; monitoring, evaluation and learning; participatory research; management of Non-Profit Organisations; and group and strategic planning facilitation.
My many years of experience in different context has provided me with extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge of organisational development processes and good practice. I have conducted multiple organisational assessments and supported the capacity of national and sub-national non-governmental organisations in their organisational and leadership development. I have conducted workshops and follow-ups in organisational development; proposal writing, project development, project management; strategic planning; project planning; monitoring, evaluation and learning; consultancy, etc. which were tailored to support the needs and context of each organisations involved. With my experience in organisational leadership, I had direct experience in coaching and mentoring my national colleagues.
Some of the relevant evaluation experience includes:
- Organisational analysis of an INGO in Cambodia on organisational vision and identity; strategy; administration; and partnership
- Organisational analysis of an INGO in Indonesia on organisational strategy and structure; and human resources
- Organisational analysis of a national NGO in Pakistan on organisational vision; strategy; and in identifying gaps in the current systems, processes, competencies and resources
- Organisational analysis of a national NGO in Thailand to acquire a foundational knowledge on the current organisational development to plan for future development particularly in the development of human resources
- Programme Outcome and Impact Evaluation of an INGO in Cambodia including identification of changes and results achieved both in quantity and quality, and gender- impact; efficiency of the current Monitoring and Evaluation system; efficiency of strategies in relation to the vision and to cost-effectiveness; and to evaluate the long-term sustainability
- Programme Evaluation of a Swedish NGO to assess the current systems in place for managing its Regional Programmes for Anti Human Trafficking and Child Rights; and to assess its added value to the partnerships and projects with NGOs in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Nepal, India and Bangladesh
Some of the organisations I’ve worked with: